Coinciding with the start of business of the new European Parliament and Commission and the review of the EU’s long-term objectives, EPHA’s annual conference will gather high level speakers and thought leaders to engage in a constructive debate on the priorities of the EU for the next five years. The Conference will be composed of different panels brought together to discuss, among other topics:
- The role of health policy in the internal market and the nexus between the EU’s economic competence and health.
- What the EU can do to secure adequate food systems, housing, poverty reduction and other social determinants of health, as well as reduce the health gap.
- The dichotomy between public health, economic and corporate interests - the boundaries of a free market for health.
- What steps need to be taken to achieve social cohesion as different divisions emerge in the EU: North-South, East-West, “New” vs. “Old Member States”?
- Annual Conference -->; Résidence Palace, 155 Rue de la Loi – Blok C 1040 Brussels